Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Percentage of total in breakdowns instead of percent of breakdown total in Workspace

Level 1

I am building a workspace to show device and browser usage for a team I work with. The team is curious to see the volume of traffic to a specific set of sites by device, operating system, browser type, and browser (I included the hierarchy below):

• Site visitors broken down by Device 
    • Breakdown by Operating System
      • Breakdown by Browser Type
        • Breakdown by Browser

In addition to the volume of traffic, the team is curious to know the percent of total site visitors each dimension represents (i.e. users visiting on Google Chrome 97.0 make up X% of total traffic). However, the percentages visible in the workspace are using the total of the breakdown, versus the total user base at the top of the table. Is there a way to have the percentages reflect the percent of the grand total (i.e. Google Chrome 97.0 desktop visitors make up X% of total site visitors), versus the percent of the respective breakdown?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I don't believe there is an easy way to display the % for the total within the breakdowns as you are describing. However, if you have a limited set of values that the team is most interested in, you could create calculated metrics utilizing segments for each type (i.e. Google Chrome 99.0, Desktop, Windows 10, etc.)

derektangren_1-1649088255463.png

You could then take that and apply the filter to a calculated metric, dividing that value by the total number of unique visitors. It would be a custom metric for each variation, so not easily scalable, but could work depending on the specifics of how they are hoping to use it.

derektangren_2-1649088316594.png

Another option could be to utilize ReportBuilder to bring the data into Excel and build a custom dashboard that would display the percentages in the way you are describing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

I don't believe there is an easy way to display the % for the total within the breakdowns as you are describing. However, if you have a limited set of values that the team is most interested in, you could create calculated metrics utilizing segments for each type (i.e. Google Chrome 99.0, Desktop, Windows 10, etc.)

derektangren_1-1649088255463.png

You could then take that and apply the filter to a calculated metric, dividing that value by the total number of unique visitors. It would be a custom metric for each variation, so not easily scalable, but could work depending on the specifics of how they are hoping to use it.

derektangren_2-1649088316594.png

Another option could be to utilize ReportBuilder to bring the data into Excel and build a custom dashboard that would display the percentages in the way you are describing.