Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Paypal as Referral

Level 1

Hi- I recently launched Paypal and am now seeing it show up as a referral (since when you pay, you are taken off site to paypal.com then you come back in).

I know I can set up a rule to exclude this traffic from referral, but because we use a last click attribution model for conversions- where would those conversions get attributed to?

I want to ensure that if I exclude it as referral, that the tracking in place is retained and the true last click is attributed instead of stripping that and having no attribution of that sale (before they are taken to paypal.com). 

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi, 

Makes sense. I want to know if you are using a processing rule or a marketing channel rule because their execution makes a difference. It may also affect the referrals report. Also let me know which report are you looking at ?

Thanks!

TM

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi,

I just want to confirm, are you talking about setting up processing rules or marketing channel? 

TM

Level 1

I understand how to set up a processing rule, but what I don't understand is if I exclude it from referral- where will those conversions get attributed at that point. the issue I'm having is that we use last click attribution, so I need it to attribute to the last click BEFORE they were taken off to paypal.com. Does that make sense? 

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi, 

Makes sense. I want to know if you are using a processing rule or a marketing channel rule because their execution makes a difference. It may also affect the referrals report. Also let me know which report are you looking at ?

Thanks!

TM