Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Parameters from URL don't collect

Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have one problem. When I do a couple a test , I have the parameters in this URL :

https://m.[...].com/vacances/vacances-et-sejours/voyage-tout-inclus-tunisie/theme,7/pays,219/ville,/#countryId=219&themespace=vacances-et-sejours&themes=7&destinationZones=1849&departureCityId=555&departureDate=31/05/2021&flexi=3&durationRangeMin=6&durationRangeMax=11&pageNumber=1

But when I user, Omnibug or Debug Tools, I have this result  in current URL :

https://m.[...].com/vacances/vacances-et-sejours/voyage-tout-inclus-tunisie/theme,7/pays,219/ville,/#destinationZones=1849&departureCityId=555&departureDate=31/05/2021&flexi=3&durationRangeMin=6&durationRangeMax=11&themespace=vacances-et-sejours&t

Does anyone why i can't collect countryId parameters? And where can I find the cause ?

thanks you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Strictly speaking, your "parameters" are not actual URL parameters, but are part of the hash fragment.

In the URL specification, parameters are those that are after the "?" character. In your case, it looks like your website has been designed to use parameters that are after the "#" (hash) character. This is a non-standard implementation, so third-party tools that assume the actual URL specification may interpret your website's URLs "wrongly".

It could also be that your website actually has a script that updates the URL shown in the browser after it has performed some operation in the page, so third-party tools might pick up the original URL before that update was done.

The bottomline is that this is most likely due to the way your website has been built, rather than a problem with the third-party (and analytics) tools.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Strictly speaking, your "parameters" are not actual URL parameters, but are part of the hash fragment.

In the URL specification, parameters are those that are after the "?" character. In your case, it looks like your website has been designed to use parameters that are after the "#" (hash) character. This is a non-standard implementation, so third-party tools that assume the actual URL specification may interpret your website's URLs "wrongly".

It could also be that your website actually has a script that updates the URL shown in the browser after it has performed some operation in the page, so third-party tools might pick up the original URL before that update was done.

The bottomline is that this is most likely due to the way your website has been built, rather than a problem with the third-party (and analytics) tools.