Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Adobe Target Flickering issue

Level 6

Hey,

I am trying to load Launch script Async along with Adobe target. I see flickering issue with async script. I know we have pre hiding snippet which need to be placed top of the header tag , but going with pre hiding snippet causing page load performance issue . is there any other recommendation or alternate solution for flickering issue?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The pre-hiding snippet causes the browser to not show any of the BODY contents until the timeout (specified in the snippet) has passed. Is that content hiding what you meant by "page load performance issues"?

As an alternative, if you are experimenting with only one part of the page, you can modify the pre-hiding snippet to hide just that portion of the page. This is done by changing the "body" selector in the script to the selector for that page portion. It will still cause the browser to not show the content of that page portion for a while, but that should still show the rest of the page's BODY content.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The pre-hiding snippet causes the browser to not show any of the BODY contents until the timeout (specified in the snippet) has passed. Is that content hiding what you meant by "page load performance issues"?

As an alternative, if you are experimenting with only one part of the page, you can modify the pre-hiding snippet to hide just that portion of the page. This is done by changing the "body" selector in the script to the selector for that page portion. It will still cause the browser to not show the content of that page portion for a while, but that should still show the rest of the page's BODY content.

Level 6
thanks . Is there a way to load target outside of launch? if yes , how does it work?

Community Advisor
@pradeep_07 Yes, you can definitely run the pre-hiding snippet outside of Launch. It will work in exactly the same way. It's all JavaScript, after all. The only difference is that your developers will need to add the code to the pages and then deploy those pages to production, whereas with Launch, you can publish the changes whenever you're comfortable.