Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Page views less than Visits/Unique Visitors

seanc33988855
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I believe I see an issue with my reports in that there are less page views than visits & unique visitors. How is this possible? 11 Unique Visitors but only 1 page view? Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 11.19.24 AM.png

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution
settytb1
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

My initial guess would be that there are hits coming in that are page events.  You should use the metric occurrences to look at all hits.  It would be a sum of page views and page events (which are link calls s.tl() calls like a custom link or exit link etc. )

I hope that helps,

Seth

View solution in original post

0 Replies
settytb1
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

My initial guess would be that there are hits coming in that are page events.  You should use the metric occurrences to look at all hits.  It would be a sum of page views and page events (which are link calls s.tl() calls like a custom link or exit link etc. )

I hope that helps,

Seth

View solution in original post

Locutus243
Level 3
Level 3

Hiya Seth,

We are seeing something similar...and I wondered if it was because I was specifying page name and URL on both page load and link click events. Is this not best practice?

Also...even if it is because its counting page views AND page events...surely a unique visitor has to load a page to interact with an element on that page (and therefore page views should still be higher?)

Mark

DebbyNPL
Level 2
Level 2
Hi seanc33988855

I also faced that issue and I'm working on it. So I've summarized some possible scenarios which would be happened for you to check. Should to notice that I'm not a senior, so those would only be for your reference.

1. While a new visitor visit your website, two servercall cookie will be sent to. Perhaps the first cookie send the information of the new visitor information and the visits, and the second server call is the windows load server call with PV. If a new user close to fast, the PV will not be sent.

2. Only Page Event load (stl calls also increase UV/Visits)

2.1 Which could be the PV server call of window load were too slow, users already have some event on the page then the user left, the event such as play video or open pop-up send the servercall with UV and Visit faster than the PV. Check the Adobe Launch of the rules that will trigger a new PV. Perhaps your events setting is wrong such as you need to view "the end of page" to trigger a new PV, or the events will took long time that the users directly leave it before the servercall send. Or the event is right but the beacon your sent is stl() but not st().

2.2 (Only +Visits) For a visitor, the visit has expired, then the visitor came back, and do some event, it would be regarded as a new Visit. But the UV won't increase.