Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Removing Experience cloud ID services and its drawbacks

Level 6

Hi,

One our client not ready to use adobe Experience cloud ID services solutions at the moment due to some cookie issue. And I know that With the Experience Cloud Identity Service, you can create and store unique and persistent identifiers for your site visitors. Additionally, many new extension and implementation in Adobe launch require  Experience Cloud Identity Service as a prerequisite. My question is, what will happen If I disable the Experience Cloud Identity Service extension ? I cannot track the visitor ID across other adobe solutions . Is there any other dependency we have on tracking with Experience Cloud Identity Service other than tracking visitor ID.

Thanks,

Pradeep

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi@pradeep_07 ,

I was wondering if you could elaborate on the cookie issue the Client has faced?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

You've pretty much nailed it: Experience Cloud ID Service allows you track visitor IDs across Adobe solutions (Analytics, Target, Audience Manager, Campaign, etc).

If you don't use the other Adobe solutions but only Analytics, then you can use your own visitor IDs. See https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/config-vars/visitorid.html?lan...

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi@pradeep_07 ,

I was wondering if you could elaborate on the cookie issue the Client has faced?

Level 6

Client basically wanted to block third party cookies in their domain.