Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Page View Analysis for Multiple Report suites

Level 2

I am trying to get the page view numbers YTD - I have over 30 report suites to check.

Is there a way to see the page views by report suites that do not entail me going into each report suite and getting the numbers manually?

I am trying to get a report similar to the server call usage but I want it specifically for page views. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you have access to Report Builder, you could create requests for each individual suites, then use Excel to add the data together....

Or since you are doing something like PVs, you could use Workspace with a panel for each suite, then you can manually add the values together.

There is no way to really pull consolidated data from multiple suites... (there used to be a "rollup suite" but it never really worked to well, and Adobe no longer recommends using them).

For future reference, if all your sites are using the same tagging; you could consider tracking all 30 sites in a global suite, then using Virtual Report Suites to create individual site suites from the one global suite. This will allow you to get a consolidated view of everything together, while still having individual suites that you can use for each site... but this only works if the tracking uses the same prop, eVar, events, etc definitions.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you have access to Report Builder, you could create requests for each individual suites, then use Excel to add the data together....

Or since you are doing something like PVs, you could use Workspace with a panel for each suite, then you can manually add the values together.

There is no way to really pull consolidated data from multiple suites... (there used to be a "rollup suite" but it never really worked to well, and Adobe no longer recommends using them).

For future reference, if all your sites are using the same tagging; you could consider tracking all 30 sites in a global suite, then using Virtual Report Suites to create individual site suites from the one global suite. This will allow you to get a consolidated view of everything together, while still having individual suites that you can use for each site... but this only works if the tracking uses the same prop, eVar, events, etc definitions.

Level 2

Thank you Jennifer -

The global report suite method would not work for us due to different tagging.

The rollup method would also not work for various reasons, so it looks like this is a manual effort. 

Community Advisor

You're welcome... and I understand. I have a similar situation.. I have a global suite for our "News" sites, but our other sites have different profiles... and I do have to pull Network traffic occasionally. 

I use Report Builder for this, but my life is then extra complicated by the fact that we have some smaller sites that are currently running on GA only... so I have a Google Spreadsheet using the GA Add-on to pull data that I can then pull into my Excel doc so that I can add them all together.

So my work can't be fully automated.... but if you are exclusively using Adobe and have access to Report Builder, you could built something with Report Builder and you can schedule it... like a monthly "last month" network report... 

Or just have the report built that you can go in and pull a YTD report as needed.

Good Luck.

Community Advisor

So actually there is but its an oldy but a goodie!!!

Jennifer maybe we should ask for this as a new feature request for workspace!!!?

Its called Company summary report its found as part of older dashbaord creations when building widgets.

Allows you to select a bunch of report suites and some KPIs for each...

Sadly will be deprecated

Company summary report.png

once reports is gone.... Ohhh Adobe...

Level 2

Thank you for your reply. I tried this, however, I did not have permission so I did not pursue this method. I would have had to learn how to use this - get permission - do an ad-hoc report so it was not a worthwhile pursuit.