Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Page Names being converted Lowercase

Level 2

I'm working on updating an older Omniutre install to the latest version of Adobe Analytics. One thing I've noticed in the new version is that the page names in reports are displaying as lowercase where in the old Ominture version that appeared regularly.. is there a setting that controls this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The other thing to remember is I believe that now in the reporting, Adobe takes the first case variation it has seen and collapses the other variations under that first one...

While I specify that my code should be lowercase, I have a few older implementations that the developers were passing inconsistent cases to, and they started rolling up into one another a few years ago... though they still aren't always the case I want. I don't think this is a setting (or it was one that was automatically enabled)... either way, I stopped seeing multiple rows of variations in my older stuff a while ago.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Neither the older Omniture SiteCatalyst nor the newer Adobe Analytics will automatically convert text to lowercase. Case conversion is entirely dependent on your implementation.

So there are 3 places to look at:

1. Your implementation. If using AppMeasurement, then check your s code for case conversion, e.g. search for "toLowerCase()". If using Adobe Launch, then check that the data element that you're using to set the Page field has not been set to convert to lowercase.
  2. Processing Rules. Check your report suite for a processing rule that converts the case.
  3. VISTA Rules: This would have been setup by Adobe Engineering, so there's no interface to check. You'll need to ask Client Care if there is any such case conversion rule.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The other thing to remember is I believe that now in the reporting, Adobe takes the first case variation it has seen and collapses the other variations under that first one...

While I specify that my code should be lowercase, I have a few older implementations that the developers were passing inconsistent cases to, and they started rolling up into one another a few years ago... though they still aren't always the case I want. I don't think this is a setting (or it was one that was automatically enabled)... either way, I stopped seeing multiple rows of variations in my older stuff a while ago.