Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our next community Coffee Break on February 28th! Four of our Analytics Champions will be joining us to discuss Summit tips, best practices, and any of your Analytics questions!

Next or previous item panel (new) - please explain logic

Level 4

I've been trying out the Next or previous item panel and honestly cannot grasp the built segment logic. My test is with a shop filter. I'm trying to see which filters occur before selecting the filter language. Once built, the table generates a segment automatically, which can be seen in the image attached. Can someone please explain item by item, why the filter is built in such a way? Thanks in advance.

Logic.jpg

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Honestly.. sometimes Adobe's generated segments don't make a lot of sense to anyone human....

I am not sure.. but I will give it a try.

First, while it's cut off, I am not sure the overall scope of the segment... I am guessing it might be Hit level?

So the first part:

Filter Type (non-repeating instance) exists 
If a hit level segment, this would be looking only for hits that have a filter type

Next, there is a Visit level container.. so this part is looking at the flow in the visit, and is broken into sub-parts again:

The exclude sub-container

basically is looking for a hit that does not have filter type (basically the page before filter type does exist)

THEN

(basically this works with the above to say the user went from a hit without a filter to a hit with a filter)

THEN within one "filter type" dimension change

Set the filter type to "Language"

Since I don't know your site or the flows that users can take, I can only assume this makes some sort of sense in the context of your site....