Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

New Visitor Segment

Level 2

Hi All,

I am trying to create new segment for New Visitors.

Here is the the condition which I am using for segment creation

Visit Number = 1

But I am little confused whether i need to select Hit Container or Visitor Container.

Can anybody help me on this?

Thanks in Advance.

Sushant

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It depends on the question you have:

• Hit container: if you areinterested in a specific hit of the first visit
  • Visit container: if you want to see all hits of the first visit.

If "visit number equals 1" is your only criteria in the segment, it doesn't have any impact on the results (you can go with both options above). the reason is that in the backend every hit of a visit gets "marked" with the same visit number.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It depends on the question you have:

• Hit container: if you areinterested in a specific hit of the first visit
  • Visit container: if you want to see all hits of the first visit.

If "visit number equals 1" is your only criteria in the segment, it doesn't have any impact on the results (you can go with both options above). the reason is that in the backend every hit of a visit gets "marked" with the same visit number.

Level 2

Hi @urs.boller

Thank you for the response.

So just to confirm can i go ahead with this to get the correct New Visitors data!

Container = Hit

Condition = Visit Number equals 1

Thank You!

Sushant

Community Advisor

Hi sushantd21981835

Sorry, haven't seen the message until I accidentaly had a look at this question again.

I would go with a visit-segment (same condition) just in case you have any hits that do not include an information about the visit. I don't know if that is even possible, but just to make sure.

And it might be easier to explain to others if you have a condition which is named "visit" and the same word (or level) for the segment container.

let me know if you have any questions.