Expand my Community achievements bar.

New Segments and Calculated metrics in Data Warehouse

Level 2

How long time should I expect to wait before newly created segments and calculated metrics appear in the new Data Warehouse UI?

10 Replies

Community Advisor

They should be available immediately, just like in Workspace? Since the interface is loaded via JavaScript like Workspace, and there is no "refresh components" option, you might have to do a hard refresh to see the new components?

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Like Jen said, it should show up immediately. One thing I have noticed though, is if you have multiple workspace tabs open, components don't appear in the other one until you refresh. So if you've got data warehouse in one tab and your workspace in another, after you make and save your segment/metric, refresh the data warehouse tab and it should show up.

Community Advisor

Just wondering... you did check that the segment you build was compatible with Data Warehouse correct?

When you open or create a new segment, there are some tools in the top right corner that are designed to help you.

They will show you a quick 90 day overview of your data, as well as a product compatibility list... some segments are not compatible with Data Warehouse, those will never appear in the DW UI.

This segment for instance will work:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1707142159590.png

This one however, will not:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1707142216760.png

Some key things to avoid in Segments you want to use in Data Warehouse:

• Sequential Segments (no workaround)
  • The use of "contains any of" or "equals any of" (you will have to do the old school method of a container with multiple "equals/contains" and OR between them)
  • Distinct Count logic

There may be others that are incompatible, but those ones jump immediately to mind.

Fantastic - thanks a lot again!

The segment is actually not compatible with DWH.
Hmm. However, it is not using any of the examples you listed.

Is there an exhaustive list of 'no-go's?

Much much appreciated.

Community Advisor

I am not sure if there is an exhaustive list... but if you can share a screenshot of your segment (you can hide specific data values, I am more interested in the structure of the segment), I can take a look and try to identify which part might be causing the incompatibility.

Community Advisor

What is the scope of your segment.. I found that the "exclude" container broke Visit and Visitor scoped segments, but not Hit based segments...

Basically, if I am using a Hit based segment (I can still exclude Visit or Visitor containers), but if the segment as a whole is at a Visit or Visitor scope then the exclusion (no matter what scope the container is), causes an issue... 

Level 2

Of cause I didnt capture that part.

The scope is 'Visitor'.

I have tried changing the hit levels to visit level (as it, in this case wouldn't have effects on my use of it).

Community Advisor

But I assume that a Hit based Segment won't work for you, in this instance... which of course makes this challenging...