Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Exporting/Downloading Metrics Project to PDF using API

Level 1

Hello,

I wanted to ask if at all it was possible to export a project created in Adobe Analytics contained many metrics, tables, graphs, etc. using the Developer API.

Currently the only way to export the project as a PDF is to use the built in export function in Adobe Analytics or schedule export function which emails the PDF to a list of users' emails on a scheduled basis (weekly, monthly, etc.).

I am currently using the scheduled export function to get Weekly PDFs that I then manually save to a file location on a server. I wanted to see if I could automate this process and write a script that would download and save the project as a PDF to a specified file location rather than get it emailed. I would then run this script either using Windows Scheduler Events or something else.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think there is such API to download a Project as PDF. The Reports API allows you to retrieve a fragment of data as in Workspace Project, and the Projects API allows you to manipulate the project definition but not scheduling.

You need probably only achievable externally for now with some other automation tool, like Microsoft Power Automate, to monitor the designated mailbox for emails from Adobe with the predefined email subject of the scheduled email with PDF, then take the attachment and save it to the server location.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I am not sure about an API that will connect to the PDF renderer.. 

Here are some possible alternative options:

1. Data Warehouse

The formatting capabilities aren't as good as Workspace, but you can create CSV and PDF, etc exports that can be scheduled to an FTP Server, or Cloud Storage, etc.

2. Report Builder

You can use Excel and Report Builder to create an Excel Report that can be scheduled... The main option here is email, but there is an FTP and Power BI option under the Advanced Delivery Options

That is not to say there isn't an API that can generate a PDF, like you, I cannot find anything... 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think there is such API to download a Project as PDF. The Reports API allows you to retrieve a fragment of data as in Workspace Project, and the Projects API allows you to manipulate the project definition but not scheduling.

You need probably only achievable externally for now with some other automation tool, like Microsoft Power Automate, to monitor the designated mailbox for emails from Adobe with the predefined email subject of the scheduled email with PDF, then take the attachment and save it to the server location.