Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Multiple Reportsuite for same Domain-Adobe Analytics-DTM

Level 2

I have a doubt on how to segregate report suite for same domain which have two different application.

Based on user role respective application is presented.

I have to implement analytics for both application which have been hosted in same domain name. Some view templates are same and rest are different.

Is it possible to do in same reportsuite? If YES, how to separate reports based on user roles

or

Is it possible to create multiple reportsuite for the same domain and how to differentiate them in DTM?

Example: www.domain.com/application1 -- for user role A

www.domain.com/application2 -- for user role B

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Anoop,

Based on the best practice from Adobe, you should create only one report for all your domains. Then based on the category/needed variables you can create Virtual Report Suites for usage.

But if there is necessity to create different report suites, you can dynamically set the report suite based on the URL Structure or with the help of any conditions you need.

To implement the same in DTM, under Adobe Tool, kindly check the below and make use of it.

1539773_pastedImage_1.png

Thank You

Arun

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Anoop,

Based on the best practice from Adobe, you should create only one report for all your domains. Then based on the category/needed variables you can create Virtual Report Suites for usage.

But if there is necessity to create different report suites, you can dynamically set the report suite based on the URL Structure or with the help of any conditions you need.

To implement the same in DTM, under Adobe Tool, kindly check the below and make use of it.

1539773_pastedImage_1.png

Thank You

Arun

Level 2

Thank you for your reply.

From your comment:

​This means we can create multiple report suite for same domain by considering complete URL which helps in differentiating between those report suite and will send data only if complete URL structure is matched.

For example:

Report suite1 = https://samedomain/differentPath1

Report suite2 = https://samedomain/differentPath2

This will separate these two report suite and data collection will have no conflict.

Is my understanding is right?

Community Advisor

Yes Anoop,

You are right.

Not only by URL, you can differentiate by Paths, Extensions, Query string parameters etc.

Thank You

Arun

Level 2

Dear Pratheep,

Thank you for the answer. I will try that and revert back.