Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multiple Page Names

Level 2

Hello,

I'm having an issue where page names are reporting to Site Catalyst in several different formats.

For example:

example.com/folder/fakewebpage

example.com/folder/%20fakewebpage

example.com/folder/fake+web+page

example.com/folder/fake_web_page

example.com/folder/%20fake%20web%20page

Any ideas what's happening?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

This is not exactly an issue of implementation sometimes html creates special characters for the few typos example space , pipe. these special characters needs to encoded while parsing.

I recommend you to use HTML encoding before passing values to sitecatalyst.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Regards

Devinder

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

The issue you're dealing with is 100% implementation related. Adobe Analytics takes the information specified in an image request and passes it in to our servers. If the data you're seeing in reporting is sub-optimal, it is due to your implementation.

I would recommend taking a look at how s.pageName is populated on each of your pages, and make sure they are all doing it the exact same way with the exact same encoding. Once you do this, future data will populate correctly in the pages report.

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

This is not exactly an issue of implementation sometimes html creates special characters for the few typos example space , pipe. these special characters needs to encoded while parsing.

I recommend you to use HTML encoding before passing values to sitecatalyst.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Regards

Devinder

Level 8

Depends on how you've coded or implemented the s.pageName variable. Do you have a page/URL we could refer to or use as an example?

Thanks
Nikhil