Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Multi Metric segmentation

Level 4

Hello everyone, 

I'm if you all knew of a way to create segmentation or a complicated metric that allows us to see rows of a dimension that performs well for multiple metric columns.  

Example: 

In 1 table, I would like to see something like: "show me URL's that have greater than a 500 visit daily avg, 100 or more form complete impact (participation+visits), and have at least a 2% CR impact or higher to form complete.  

here is a concept picture: 

Damonwhall_0-1698246716603.png

The issue, is that if I up-prioritize one column, the other metrics are usually flipped.  It doesn't seem to allow visibility in a single view.  

A scatter plot helps with this visually, but you cannot right click items out of the plot and create a segment out of it or a metric.  

Thoughts?

2 Replies

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

You should be able to do this with a calculated metric. If you use multiple if statements, you can put each of the conditions in there, and have it output a score based on if it meets the conditions. It would look something like this

[if URL's > 5000

then 1

else 0]

+

[If complete impact > 100

then 1 

else 0]

+

[if CR > 2%

then1

else 0]

What this does is it tests each requirement individually, and if it meets the criteria it adds 1 to the score for the metric. If all three criteria are met, the metric will have a value of "3". Add that metric as a column to your table and then sort by it - items that meet all three conditions will have a score of 3 and be at the top. Items that meet 2 of the 3 conditions would be listed next, and then items with only 1 (or 0) at the bottom. 

Community Advisor

Yep, I second this... it's a bit of a hack solution, but using a calculated metric is the only way to really get values that are above a specific threshold.. sadly, the other rows will still show, but at least they can be sorted to the bottom where they are easier to ignore.