Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Most valuable types of visualizations

Community Advisor

I'm just curious which types of visualizations do you find most useful in your typical analyses?

I know Adobe Analytics offers a wide-variety of types of visualizations, but I'm curious if there's a small handful everyone finds themselves using on a regular basis.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

I probably should use more!

Right now our main go-to visualizations are Freeform Tables, Line Graphs, and Summary Number/Change; then to a lesser degree Donut or Stacked Bar/Column.

We do use Funnels, but more and more I am asked by business to create the funnels as freeform tables (with the same sequential logic) so that they can compare how the funnels are trending over time.... so basically I have to make the steps (this THEN that THEN something else), and do all the % calculations between steps, etc, so that the breakdown can be by week (and we can look at last X weeks, and see how the traffic and % vary over time).

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped looking at the funnel completely

I have also started using the new "Key Metric Summary" as well (as a replacement for paired Summary Number / Change components).

Then of course I use Text components to add change notes and table of contents for long reports.