Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Mobile Carrier / ISP tracking ?

Level 5

Hi, what is the criteria for service providers to be tracked as ISPs or Mobile Carriers? I ask this question because we have some Mobile Carriers which DO NOT appear in the Domains report. We have quite a lot of "Nones" in Domains report. Shouldn't every visit be attributed to a service provider?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I found this that might be helpful:

Compare Carrier and Mobile Carrier reports

Specifically: The Mobile Carrier report is calculated by looking at a unique key derived from a combination of domain and ISP. Using this method, breakdowns of mobile traffic by known carriers and connection type are available to see WiFi by carrier traffic. The drawback from this method is that many carriers mask their mobile domains via mobile proxy.

It looks as though it works out carrier via referring to a list, so if the provider isn't on the list or has masked the data needed to figure out Mobile Carrier, you end up with "none"

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 5

Could it be that certain IP adresses cannot get attributed to a certain domain name? But funny thing is, IP adresses didn't change and in the past were attributed to correct domain name, now not anymore... ?

Level 10

Hi Alev,

Similar to non-mobile hits in mobile reports, mobile hits in all Visitor Profile | Technology reports are listed as 'none'. The mobile technology reports and Visitor profile technology reports are mutually exclusive. You can refer to this article - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/kb/none-unspecified-and-unknown.html

Let me know if that helps you.

Level 5

I'm aware of this distiction. And I'm only speakign of mobile hits. Therefore my question: "what is the criteria for service providers to be tracked as ISPs or Mobile Carriers?"

Correct answer by
Level 2

I found this that might be helpful:

Compare Carrier and Mobile Carrier reports

Specifically: The Mobile Carrier report is calculated by looking at a unique key derived from a combination of domain and ISP. Using this method, breakdowns of mobile traffic by known carriers and connection type are available to see WiFi by carrier traffic. The drawback from this method is that many carriers mask their mobile domains via mobile proxy.

It looks as though it works out carrier via referring to a list, so if the provider isn't on the list or has masked the data needed to figure out Mobile Carrier, you end up with "none"