Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Mobile and Web Report Suite

Level 3

We are just now adding mobile analytics to our web analytics. In Launch, i have to choose between mobile or web. Can I create web and mobile report suite and then a web, iOS, and Android virtual report suites from it? If so, how? Is there a video or documentation? I haven't been able to find any.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hey Anderson,

The report suite is just a data repository. You can capture web and mobile data in every report suite.

Yes, you can set up virtual report suites. Just think about an attribute to use in the segment as a definition to distinguish data sources (web1, web2, app1, app2, ...)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hey Anderson,

The report suite is just a data repository. You can capture web and mobile data in every report suite.

Yes, you can set up virtual report suites. Just think about an attribute to use in the segment as a definition to distinguish data sources (web1, web2, app1, app2, ...)

Level 3

Can you help me understand how to add mobile tracking into a Launch report suite? In theory, I would just add the report suite ID to the mobile SDK but does the fact that the report suite is filled out theoretically as a web (not mobile) suite?

That makes sense about separating. I can just separate android and ios by their os's. Is that the best way in your opinion?

Level 6

I would put everything in one report suite and filter then by either virtual report suites or segments.