Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Missing Orders in Analytics

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

For Month of June All of Sudden Our Order Count in AA is 20% Less as Compared to Oracle.

Has something happened on AA end which is cauing this issue? How Do i debug the issue?

Also, 

What is the way to find out if Our site is on First Party or Third Party for Adobe Cookies?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Note that if you are using the Visitor ID service it will set cookies as first-party even if your collection server is a third-party domain. An excerpt from this Experience League page:

"Two options are available to implement first-party cookies:

• If you are using Experience Platform Identity Service (ECID Service), it automatically sets cookies in the first-party context using JavaScript.
  • If you are using Analytics legacy identifiers (aka the s_vi cookie) it depends on how you have configured your data collection server. If the data collection server matches your site’s domain, then cookies are set as first-party. If the collection server does not match your current domain, then cookies are set as third party. In this case, if third-party cookies are blocked, Analytics sets a first-party fallback id (s_fid) instead of the standard “s_vi” cookie."

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

You can check the tracking server in the Analytics beacon to find if the site is implemented for first party or third party cookies. The third party cookie implementation will generally have the tracking server in our domain (like omtrdc.net, or 2o7.net), while the first party cookie implementation will generally have the tracking server in your site's domain.

The first parameter after the protocol https in the Analytics server call is the tracking server.

Level 2
Thank you, Since we are using Adobe Launch, Should we be configuring the server under Analytics Extension ?

Employee Advisor
You can update the tracking server within the settings of the Adobe Analytics extension in Launch.

Employee Advisor

Yes, @NitinCT . You can update the tracking server within the settings of the Adobe Analytics extension in Launch.

Level 2

@Ishan_Sinha_ Thank you for the reply, I have implemented it in Stage, I will wait to check the Data and Move it Prod.

Do you have any insights on the Orders Question I asked?

Community Advisor

You should also check for any corresponding drops in higher-level metrics like Visits or Page Views. If so, drill down to the Operating System and/or Browser level to see if there's a culprit(s). There have been developments recently by browser vendors to limit tracking, e.g. Apple's tracking prevention that affects all iOS browsers.

Correct answer by
Employee

Note that if you are using the Visitor ID service it will set cookies as first-party even if your collection server is a third-party domain. An excerpt from this Experience League page:

"Two options are available to implement first-party cookies:

• If you are using Experience Platform Identity Service (ECID Service), it automatically sets cookies in the first-party context using JavaScript.
  • If you are using Analytics legacy identifiers (aka the s_vi cookie) it depends on how you have configured your data collection server. If the data collection server matches your site’s domain, then cookies are set as first-party. If the collection server does not match your current domain, then cookies are set as third party. In this case, if third-party cookies are blocked, Analytics sets a first-party fallback id (s_fid) instead of the standard “s_vi” cookie."

Level 3
Level 3

You have to prove two things.

1. Order count was not over counted in Oracle

- How does Oracle get it's data? Is it completely different than how Adobe Analytics get's it data?

2. Adobe analytics collected all of the data

- Check the Adobe Analytics Status page for any data collection issues on the Adobe Analytics System Status page Adobe System Status Although not all customers were affected Adobe, did have some collection & reporting incidences in June that may account for a loss of data

I5_0-1625527780537.png