Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mismatch in the order number of the marketing channel when mapping data between flow and freeform visualization

Employee

When comparing data between two visualizations for the same date range, I am seeing mismatch among order numbers placed for a direct marketing channel.Limit to first/last occurrence is the setting I selected for the flow representation; I've given the screenshot for the flow visualization  setting i have used.For the direct marketing channel, I can observe the total order number disparity between the flow and freeform representation.
What could be the reason for it?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Honestly, I've always had some issues with the pathing reports.. I think it has to do with it using the special "Path Views" metric...  I replicated your table and flow, and nothing lines up for me... not my total orders, not any of my Marketing Channels....

Personally I don't use the flow diagrams much... While I appreciate the ability to see the pathing through multiple channels like you are trying to do... Since the numbers don't align it causes confusion... 

I almost suspect there is an issue with these diagrams (but it's hard to prove).. but in my case, our "orders" are subscriptions... users can only purchase a single subscription at a time... so there should be no way to have multiple orders in a visit that could cause calculation issues with a flow diagram, and yet, the orders are way off for us...  leaving me even more convinced there's a bug in that visualization......

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Honestly, I've always had some issues with the pathing reports.. I think it has to do with it using the special "Path Views" metric...  I replicated your table and flow, and nothing lines up for me... not my total orders, not any of my Marketing Channels....

Personally I don't use the flow diagrams much... While I appreciate the ability to see the pathing through multiple channels like you are trying to do... Since the numbers don't align it causes confusion... 

I almost suspect there is an issue with these diagrams (but it's hard to prove).. but in my case, our "orders" are subscriptions... users can only purchase a single subscription at a time... so there should be no way to have multiple orders in a visit that could cause calculation issues with a flow diagram, and yet, the orders are way off for us...  leaving me even more convinced there's a bug in that visualization......