Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Metrics updating incorrectly/randomly

Level 2

I've been noticing this problem with increasing frequency. As I attempt to refresh a report, metrics do not update. However, if I manually drag in the same segment to a table, then the numbers will update. If I then remove the segment again the numbers return to how they were before. It seems as I drag segments in and out of table (the tables is a list of segments, not segments being applied as filters) the metrics change for no apparent reason. I will provide a screenshot of before and after for some context. 

In this specific example, I've got a table with segments listed. I remove the one segment "Make Payment 2nd Page (New) - Hits" and the visits for each of the other segments change.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Actually, the data is not changing for "no apparent reason". The reason is actually technical: Analysis Workspace stores the loaded data in a cache (I think it's the browser's local storage, but basically it's cached). I believe the main reason is to minimise load on AA's server by reducing the number of times that data has to be retrieved each time a minor change is made to the dashboard.

But a consequence of this is what you're experiencing: report inconsistencies. I suggest that you bring this up with Client Care, so that they can inform AA's Engineering team to see if they can optimise their cache strategy.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Actually, the data is not changing for "no apparent reason". The reason is actually technical: Analysis Workspace stores the loaded data in a cache (I think it's the browser's local storage, but basically it's cached). I believe the main reason is to minimise load on AA's server by reducing the number of times that data has to be retrieved each time a minor change is made to the dashboard.

But a consequence of this is what you're experiencing: report inconsistencies. I suggest that you bring this up with Client Care, so that they can inform AA's Engineering team to see if they can optimise their cache strategy.

Level 2

Thank you! I think we must have different definitions of the word apparent. I will go to Client Care.