Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Metrics Row Re-odering

Level 3

Hello everyone,

I have used a freeform table in Analytics Workspace.

I wish to re-order the metrics row. Is there any way/method that it can be done?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In freeform table, rows can only be sorted by clicking the up/down arrow on any one of the columns or the component header.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In freeform table, rows can only be sorted by clicking the up/down arrow on any one of the columns or the component header.

Level 3

Yes, I'm aware of the sorting of rows but I want to re-order the metrics.

I went through this video Reordering Static Rows in Analysis Workspace | Adobe Analytics too but didn't help.

Community Advisor

You need to enable "Enable table builder" before dragging any components into the freeform table.

Community Advisor

Well that is assuming they used "Table Builder"... I don't... 

If you are not using Report Builder, you can sort the metrics alphabetically (there is a sort option in Metrics)

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1670438648569.png

and

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1670438654427.png

Table Builder does allow you to order the metrics as you want, but then you have the limitations of Table Builder (which may not apply to you).

IF you don't want to use Table Builder, you can do a little hack, and recreate all the metrics as adhoc calculated metrics, and add "1. " and "2. ", etc to the names, then sort alphabetically.... You will actually see "1. 1. Metric X" in your row though.. but this was the pre-table builder solution we used to use.

Most of the time, I don't use Metrics as rows (since I can't create calculated metrics from selecting two metrics), but I do see the need for this type of display.

Good luck.

Level 3

Thanks, @Jennifer_Dungan this is informative!

I too usually don't use metrics as rows but needed it for a particular client request, but unable to re-order it, though I dropped in the metrics in the order in which I needed them.

Community Advisor

I understand! And you're right, sometimes it's unavoidable.

Community Advisor

In an empty freeform table, there is a button to enable the table builder. You can't enable table builder after dragging any component to the freeform table.

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 6.00.58 PM.png

Community Advisor

One important detail of user Table Builder.... IF you make any changes to the table in the normal drag and drop mode, they will all be lost when you reopen the table in Table Builder (as in, all changes revert to the initial Table Builder design)

So if you need to make updates to the table, it's highly recommended you open Table Builder and make the changes there each time.