Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Metric "Average Time on Site" just for specific values

Level 4

Hey guys,

one question: we have a dimension, where all articles are included (Artikel c14). So, now i just need 9 of these articles, as you can see on the screenshot.To get an average time i need the metric "average time on site". The Problem is, that because of the setting "calculate totals based on all rows for each metric" this metric is not calculated by using this 9 articles, but using all articles in this dimension. So the average time "03.19" ist not based on this 9 articles. How Can I solve this problem?

Thank you so much:)

Average Time on Site for specific values.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I thought you applied a segment to have only those articled in the dimension area.

What you need to do is to apply a segment. Select all required articles, right click and select "Create a segment from selection". Save the segment and apply it to the panel. This will make the trick and you should see the real average for the selected articles.

If you do not want to apply the segment to each panel, place it under the metric "Average Time on Site". This should also work.

Let me know if that helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Amigo,

It seems you already applied a segment to get only these 9 articles in the freeform. If so, the average value shown on the top should be accurate.

Level 4

Hey Andrey,

i think i do not realy get what you mean. which Segment you mean. What do you mean?

As you can see, if i drag the full Dimension "Artikel (c14)" i get the same number for the average time.

FYI: There are only 13 articles, because there is a VRS and not our full data base

Even if i switch to 2,3 or 4 articles, it is always 03:19. I think it is based on all in articles in this Dimension and not to the selected rows. But what i want is the average time just for my selected rows or which i drag to my freeform.

Greets

avg.jpg

avg2.jpg

Correct answer by
Level 10

I thought you applied a segment to have only those articled in the dimension area.

What you need to do is to apply a segment. Select all required articles, right click and select "Create a segment from selection". Save the segment and apply it to the panel. This will make the trick and you should see the real average for the selected articles.

If you do not want to apply the segment to each panel, place it under the metric "Average Time on Site". This should also work.

Let me know if that helps.

Level 4

Hey Andrey, sorry for waiting.

This helps! Thanks a lot

Best regards