Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Metric based segmentation (within segment builder)

Level 2

Hello Analytics community,

I am wondering if there is a way to segment based off of the value being shown in a particular metric. I'd like to build it in segment builder and layer over a lot of my existing reports. Heres what i mean:

I want to create a segment of visitors that have viewed XYZ page—simple enough, just create a segment using the "Pages" dimension and filter for the specific page. Using Visitor Scope.

However, what if you only want visitors who have viewed a certain page a certain number of times? Specifically, I want the segment of visitors that have visited XYZ page more than 10 times in the last 30 days. Which dimensions/metrics do i use? What scope/container?

I've played around extensively within the segment builder and tried to research an answer with no luck. Would really appreciate thoughts on this, i'm pretty sure it's possible!

Thanks in advance,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Create a Date Range for the last 30 days.

If there is a specific page that you have...you can potentially use a Visitor container and create a segment with 11 conditions each for page = XYZ. The operator between these conditions would be THEN.  Have all of these enclosed in a visitor container.

Add the Last 30 days date range to the above set with an AND operator

Here is an example for a visitor visiting the home page more than 2 times:

1240722_pastedImage_0.png

-Hyder

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Create a Date Range for the last 30 days.

If there is a specific page that you have...you can potentially use a Visitor container and create a segment with 11 conditions each for page = XYZ. The operator between these conditions would be THEN.  Have all of these enclosed in a visitor container.

Add the Last 30 days date range to the above set with an AND operator

Here is an example for a visitor visiting the home page more than 2 times:

1240722_pastedImage_0.png

-Hyder