Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Merchandising evar use in Calculated Metric

Level 3

I want to do a report on a particular product sku, but the calculated metric builder uses hit level segments which don't work with merchandising evars.

Example:

I want to know what percentage of sales are gift wrapping.  In Workspace I can add a filter on Product, which brings back the correct table. But if I try to make a calculated metric, it automatically creates a hit level segment, which then includes all products in the order that had gift wrapping:

2020-11-27_14-19-39.png

Is there a way to do a calculated metric which will look at just the units based on the values in the merchandising evar, rather than the hit level?

Thanks

Ben

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Some AA practitioners face the same problem as you. Unfortunately, this is a limitation of AA's data schema, so there's nothing that we can do about it.

You could raise this with Adobe Client Care to put in a feature request.

Community Advisor

Without the ability to segment at the SUB-hit level, this is not possible yet.  However, please make sure to visit this page and upvote the idea!

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/new-sub-hit-segment-container...

Jeff Bloomer

Level 8

Hi Ben,

Not much use for the wider audience here but have a chat with JK about how ABG solved this issue for cover packages with categories. The other alternate (while we wait for sub hit) is to use data feeds in a data lake (assuming your client is using a lake).

Cheers

Dave