Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Merchandising eVar Loses Product Syntax Assignment

Community Advisor

I was curious to find out if anyone has been encountering the same issue as I am when creating Merchandising eVars.  The issue I'm encountering comes after I initially set up the eVar as Merchandising and assign it as using product syntax.

1402434_pastedImage_0.png

When I hit 'SAVE', I notice that the values for Merchandising and Allocation have changed:

1402435_pastedImage_1.png

Anyone else also encountering this bug besides me?

Jeff Bloomer
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So I think I figured out how to get around the issue, but it's not intuitive.  The workaround is to explicitly select the Merchandising field and select Product Syntax, even though the interface shows Product Syntax has been selected by default.  One would expect the eVar to save with all selected defaults, so this is one redundant step you have to take in order to avoid editing the eVar again.

I'd call it a minor bug, but it could become a problem if users don't realize it's happening.

Thanks again!

Jeff Bloomer

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Jeff,

That should not be the case.

Check the same once again and if you cannot set, please contact ClientCare@adobe.com

Thank You!

Arun

Community Advisor

It's been happening consistently for two of us that I know of.  It always happens after the first time you enable Merchandising on an eVar.  It displays as I demonstrated above with Product Syntax and Most Recent allocation.  After I've saved, it changes to Conversion Variable Syntax.  Then, I have to go back into the variable and set it to Product Syntax again and save.  After the second save, it stays as Product Syntax.  Very annoying.

Jeff Bloomer

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So I think I figured out how to get around the issue, but it's not intuitive.  The workaround is to explicitly select the Merchandising field and select Product Syntax, even though the interface shows Product Syntax has been selected by default.  One would expect the eVar to save with all selected defaults, so this is one redundant step you have to take in order to avoid editing the eVar again.

I'd call it a minor bug, but it could become a problem if users don't realize it's happening.

Thanks again!

Jeff Bloomer

Employee Advisor

If you've already created a ticket with customer care, definitely mention this to them and give them exact steps to reproduce. They should be able to get those steps to our engineering team to fix it. That way, the workaround won't have to be used for others in the future.

Community Advisor

Will do.  I hadn't created a ticket yet, because I wanted to find out if anyone else was seeing this as well.  Thanks!

Jeff Bloomer

Level 2

Observed the same behavior when I was trying to set this. Thanks for posting the workaround, I was thinking may be I have done it incorrectly the first time.

Community Advisor

Yes, in fact I found that I had to make sure to do that for both the Merchandising field as well as the Allocation field.  Otherwise, after saving, it defaults to Conversion Variable Syntax and Original Value (First) respectively.   Now that I know it's not just me, I know it's not an isolated incident.

Jeff Bloomer

Level 3

It is not an isolated incident. I'm having this issue right now with the Allocation reverting

Level 3

Should clarify that it is not "reverting"

The issue is that the defaults need to be explicitly chosen as mentioned in Merchandising eVar Loses Product Syntax Assignment​ answer