Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

MCID in adobe data feeds

Level 1

Hey guys,

Just wanna know how mcid works in adobe data feed. And, When I check my feeds, in the exported csv file, I have some mcid's missing for some users mcid has been duplicated multiple times. I wanna know the reason for this. Please, reply me at the earliest.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

If you are referring to data feed column mcvisid which is Experience Cloud Visitor ID, then it is an 128-bit number consisting of two concatenated 64-bit numbers padded to 19 digits.

This column does not contain value of query parameter mid from the server call as it is. In case some mcvisid values are missing, most likely the server call did not fire or was not successful. This value remains same for a unique visitor using same browser unless cookies are cleared hence, there could be multiple rows with the same mcvisid value depicting multiple hits/visits from the same visitor.

Document reference: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/export/analytics-data-feed/data-feed-contents/dataf...

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Saumya

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

If you are referring to data feed column mcvisid which is Experience Cloud Visitor ID, then it is an 128-bit number consisting of two concatenated 64-bit numbers padded to 19 digits.

This column does not contain value of query parameter mid from the server call as it is. In case some mcvisid values are missing, most likely the server call did not fire or was not successful. This value remains same for a unique visitor using same browser unless cookies are cleared hence, there could be multiple rows with the same mcvisid value depicting multiple hits/visits from the same visitor.

Document reference: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/export/analytics-data-feed/data-feed-contents/dataf...

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Saumya

Level 4
@agirimalla - Did the solution provided in my last comment help?