Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Mass Combining Page Titles in Reports

Level 1

Hi All!

I had a question about Pages. In the Pages reportlet, when I click on Pages, I see different variations of the same page title. This is because we are posting the page to our website but also to Facebook Instant Articles.

Here's an example:

Why you needed to pay attention to what Jon Snow was wearing in the last episode of “Game of Thrones”

and

Why you needed to pay attention to what Jon Snow was wearing in the last episode of "Game of Thrones"

I need to pull reporting that combines the metrics (pageviews, etc.) from these two page titles that are essentially the same article. We have many of these types of duplications. Is there anything we can do to mass combine these and add the metrics?

Thank you so much!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Jen, these articles appear as different line items because they are being collected differently. If you're looking for a permanent fix, I would first figure out why some of those articles have symbols that are sometimes HTML encoded, then update your implementation so they all collect the same.

If you're looking for a band aid fix, you can create classifications - download a file containing all unique page values, then in the classification column update the values to how you want them to look. Once you upload the classification file, you can access the classification report to see the correctly combined items. You'd have to update your classifications every time new values pop up though, so it's definitely not something you'd want to do long term.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Jen,

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

Are the examples you are referring to different pages or different posts on facebook linking to the same page? 

If these are different pages on your website then you could use Classifications to group the data for similar pages under a single header. The information on how to create a classification could be found here - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/classifications.html

Let me know if this works out for you. Thanks!

Tanmay

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Jen, these articles appear as different line items because they are being collected differently. If you're looking for a permanent fix, I would first figure out why some of those articles have symbols that are sometimes HTML encoded, then update your implementation so they all collect the same.

If you're looking for a band aid fix, you can create classifications - download a file containing all unique page values, then in the classification column update the values to how you want them to look. Once you upload the classification file, you can access the classification report to see the correctly combined items. You'd have to update your classifications every time new values pop up though, so it's definitely not something you'd want to do long term.