Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Marketing Channels Rules - 'None' Channel Growing - site has 302 Redirects

Level 1

Hi all,

Our website recently went through a redesign and implemented 302 redirects in placed to get users to the website (top traffic pages, i.e. homepage, etc.).

Unfortunately, based upon the 302 redirect implementation, the Marketing Channel Rules have been disrupted - pushing almost 50% of our traffic into the 'None' bucket (while most is from SEO, Paid Search, and/or Direct).

Has anyone run into this issue before, if so; how were you able to overcome these challenges with the marketing channel rules, thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Joy - is there a reason why you haven't used 301s?  These will get indexed in Search and SEO traffic will start to come directly to your new URLs

Cheers

Kristi

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

For the pages using redirects, you can fire the debugger and check the referring URL domain after the page has loaded and use that domain in the marketing channel rule. I think that should solve the issue.

Thanks,

TM

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Joy - is there a reason why you haven't used 301s?  These will get indexed in Search and SEO traffic will start to come directly to your new URLs

Cheers

Kristi

Level 1

That is a great question, I will be exploring this is the coming days, thanks.

Level 10

I agree with Kristi, still you don't want go with that then check your referrer_type in marketing tool's hit data feeds and modify the marketing rule accordingly.