Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Marketing Channel Shows "Empty" in String

Level 2

Hello All!

Our Marketing Channel Details for Natural Search has "empty" in many of the strings. Any thoughts why this is happening? All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

Examples:

n:Google:::empty::
n:Google - Hong Kong:::empty::
n:Microsoft Bing:::empty::
n:Yahoo!:::empty::
n:Google - Japan:::empty::
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

It depends how the search keyword was passed on by the search engine. Search engines could use different ways to pass on the keywords info in the URL and its the tracking is not always 100% accurate to capture the keywords

In the cases where default keywords i.e. Query parameter q=Search Keyword is replaced by h=Search Keyword, might not be captured by the Analytics tools. It totally depends how the keyword was passed in the query string by the search engine.

May be someone else can give more accurate answers here. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

It depends how the search keyword was passed on by the search engine. Search engines could use different ways to pass on the keywords info in the URL and its the tracking is not always 100% accurate to capture the keywords

In the cases where default keywords i.e. Query parameter q=Search Keyword is replaced by h=Search Keyword, might not be captured by the Analytics tools. It totally depends how the keyword was passed in the query string by the search engine.

May be someone else can give more accurate answers here. 

Level 2
Thanks AnalyticsLord. This makes sense. Going to keep this open in case other folks have any insights. I appreciate the help.