Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Manually Prioritize Requests in Report Builder?

Level 4

I'm building a Report Builder dashboard, and want the following to be executed in order:

1. pull some data in a request
  2. manipulate the data using Excel functionality
  3. pull a second request based on manipulated data

Example:

In initial request, Report Builder returns:

/path-goes-here

Then, Excel functionality conditionally pre-pends this info:

sitename.com/path-goes-here

or

mobile.sitename.com/path-goes-here

Then, second request fires pulling additional information based on manipulated value (sitename.com/path-goes-here / mobile.sitename.com/path-goes-here)

It's not as easy as doing a simple dependent request, since the cells being pointed to in second request aren't output cells of first request. I know Adobe allows you to pre-pend hard-coded text when outputting a request, but this doesn't meet my needs as pre-pended text in my case is conditional.

If I were able to tell Report Builder - execute request 1 first, then execute request 2 after request 1 is completed and a small amount of time has elapsed to execute Excel logic, I'd be able to accomplish what I'm looking for. Don't see a way of doing this.

Anyone have insight?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Have you tried controlling the requests via VB Macros.

Check this out: Invoke Report Builder Functionality from Microsoft Excel Functions

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Have you tried controlling the requests via VB Macros.

Check this out: Invoke Report Builder Functionality from Microsoft Excel Functions