Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Location based banners

Level 1

Hi All,

I want to display a banner on my site specific to a state. That means the banner should be displayed and seen by the users of that specific state only. Using adobe launch can I make this to happen? if so, please let me know how. Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Technically yes, but not with Launch alone... Adobe's geo-location data is part of post-processing; so you can't leverage it in your Rules...

That said, if you site has code to get location, or you want to code a solution that does an API call to an IP Address service to get back location data, then use that to trigger the banner that would technically be doable....

I believe Target (if you have Target) would have location information available since that tool is specifically designed to load content based on user preferences, behaviours, patterns, etc....  but since you are asking about Launch, and not Target, I am guessing you only have Launch to work with?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Technically yes, but not with Launch alone... Adobe's geo-location data is part of post-processing; so you can't leverage it in your Rules...

That said, if you site has code to get location, or you want to code a solution that does an API call to an IP Address service to get back location data, then use that to trigger the banner that would technically be doable....

I believe Target (if you have Target) would have location information available since that tool is specifically designed to load content based on user preferences, behaviours, patterns, etc....  but since you are asking about Launch, and not Target, I am guessing you only have Launch to work with?

Level 1

Thank you for the insights. Yes, I have access to only adobe launch. 

Community Advisor

Same here.... I only have access to Launch as well... it would be nice to have access to geo-location here... but since it's not the primary function of the tool, and because they have a tool that is actually designed for the use case you are describing, I don't think we'll ever get it natively in Launch...

Now, if your site code has some sort of location based identification built into it, you might be able to leverage that... (i.e. redirect users to specific language based pages based on their location - some international companies do this) you might be able to get more granular info about the State, even if the site isn't using that... 

Community Advisor

Since you dont have target then you will need either to have

1 devs custom code some banner to geo location based logic

2 use a banner serving tool that does allow geo location