Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Last touch differentation between 2 different visit by the same visitor

Level 1

Hello,

If I use last touch channel attribution, I visited website first from Paid search and second last one from SEO then from last touch point of view, first visit will be counted in Paid search or SEO?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

If you are using last touch channel attribution, then the credit for the conversion will be given to the last channel that the user interacted with before making the conversion.

In your example, if the user visited your website first through a paid search and then later through an organic search (SEO), and then made a conversion, the credit for the conversion will be given to the organic search channel (SEO) since it was the last channel the user interacted with before making the conversion.

Therefore, in the context of last touch channel attribution, the first visit from Paid search will not be counted in this particular conversion event.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

If you are using last touch channel attribution, then the credit for the conversion will be given to the last channel that the user interacted with before making the conversion.

In your example, if the user visited your website first through a paid search and then later through an organic search (SEO), and then made a conversion, the credit for the conversion will be given to the organic search channel (SEO) since it was the last channel the user interacted with before making the conversion.

Therefore, in the context of last touch channel attribution, the first visit from Paid search will not be counted in this particular conversion event.

Level 1

Hello,

thanks for the reply but my question was about the visits only.

For instance, I visited 1st time from the Paid Search and then from SEO then when I check the last touch channel and apply "visit" metrics, where I will be seeing the visit from paid search (as 1 in paid search or 2 in SEO - first and last visit together-)?

Thank you again sparing your time to help

BR

Selen