Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Key metrics data of an individual report suite does not tally with data from site report of global report suite

Level 3

Hi all,

Our team noticed a discrepancy of key metrics report generated at individual report suite level and the data from site report generated at global report suite level.
Has anyone encountered the same problem? 

Thanks.

Regards,
CY

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You are comparing an eVar report to a key metrics report, which display completely separate things. Visits to an eVar does not automatically equate to visits of an entire report suite. I anticipate this is the cause of the discrepancy you're seeing.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi CunnYong,

I've seen several discrepancies between individual and global report suites, most being attributed to different ways the reports are pulled. Can you provide details on exactly how you pulled each report, and how far off the two numbers you're comparing are?

Level 3

Hi,

Using the global report suites, I went to custom conversion > custom conversion 1-10 > site  (I am not sure if this is the generic report as I was not the one who set up our report suites.) 

Using the individual report suites, I went to key metrics reports straight away and select the metrics that I need. 

For your information, the discrepancies do not go to the same direction. What I mean is for certain individual report suites, it could be higher/lower than that of global report suite. For the degree of discrepancies, I obtained 1.3 million visits for a site using global report suite but when i go to that individual report suite, the number of visits is reported as 1.5 million. Another example is global report suite report shows 285k of visits while individual report suite of that site shows 325k. 

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You are comparing an eVar report to a key metrics report, which display completely separate things. Visits to an eVar does not automatically equate to visits of an entire report suite. I anticipate this is the cause of the discrepancy you're seeing.

Level 3

Gigazelle wrote...

sorry. I do not quite understand how this works. How is the data displayed on key metrics report obtained?  By eVar, you mean tracking ID? 

If they do not equate, which one should I trust? What does each one mean?

Thanks.

Employee Advisor

If you visit a site, you do not necessarily have to come via a tracking ID. This visit would increment key metrics visits, but not total visits in the tracking ID reports.

You can trust both numbers - however, which one you want to use is up to you.

---
If this answer was helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.

Level 3

Gigazelle wrote...

If you visit a site, you do not necessarily have to come via a tracking ID. This visit would increment key metrics visits, but not total visits in the tracking ID reports.

You can trust both numbers - however, which one you want to use is up to you.

---
If this answer was helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.

I see. sorry, just to make sure that I get it right, those reports fall under custom conversion are eVar reports? And thus, the site report, that I get under custom conversion of global report suite, has the data captured using eVar, right?

Thanks!

Employee Advisor

You are correct there on all fronts.