Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Is there a way to track Google Adwords paid search when URL is auto-tagged?

Level 1

Currently we use AdWords with auto-tagging to manage our paid search.  Unfortunately with the auto-tagging, the utm_ pararmeters we use to tracking paid search in SiteCatalyst do not exist...as Adwords has a method of tracking without the need for displaying parameters within the query string. 

Does anyone have some ideas of how we can continue to use auto-tagging and still have visibility into our paid search?  Right now, much of our paid search is being recognised as Natural Search within SiteCat.

Thanks for the help! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Omniture can read the utm source medium campaign values, or if you have a bid management system add omniture tracking parameters there.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Omniture can read the utm source medium campaign values, or if you have a bid management system add omniture tracking parameters there.

Level 4

And adding to Omniman solution. Yes we can do that by using Campaign Tracking. 

Please refer to the http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/campaign-tracking-inside-omniture-sitecatalyst/

Let me know if that helps.

Level 2

any ideas on how to get the media spend across?

Level 6

Hi, since I've the same question. How do you handle gclid with Adobe Analytics?