Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Is there a way to mimic the functionality of an exclude container, without using the exclude function?

Level 1

Is there a way to mimic the functionality of an exclude container, without using the exclude function? I have a segment that I would like to use when exporting via data warehouse, however, the segment uses an exclude container at the visitor level, which Adobe analytics is not letting me use in the data warehouse manager? Is there a way to produce a segment that does not use exclude, but produces the same results?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Try the following replacements:
1. exclude "is less than 1" >>> include "is greater than 0"

2. exclude "is greater than 0" >>> include "is less than 1"

Consider using "exists" and "does not exist" instead if the values can't be negative numbers.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Can you share the segment criteria or its screenshot?

Level 1

I would like to replicate the same results if this segment without using the exclude container as the DW does not let you use exclude, is that possible?1573245_pastedImage_0.png

Correct answer by
Level 10

Try the following replacements:
1. exclude "is less than 1" >>> include "is greater than 0"

2. exclude "is greater than 0" >>> include "is less than 1"

Consider using "exists" and "does not exist" instead if the values can't be negative numbers.

Level 1

Thank you so much for your response! The metrics I am using cannot be below 0, so When trying to change Evar 1 to does not exisit and the rest in the exclude container to exist the metrics did not match up. However, when I did the opposite changing Evar 1 to does exist and the rest to does not exist  a few lf my metrics did match. would you possibly have any other recommendations as to how I can make all metrics uniform? Thanks again for your help

Employee Advisor

I think Andrey's solutions are going to be your best bet, given the limitations imposed. If you're able to work in Ad Hoc Analysis or Analysis Workspace to get this data, that might be more ideal since then you won't have to adhere to the segmentation architecture that data warehouse follows.