Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Is it possible to send custom (calculated) metrics via Data Wearhouse?

Level 4

I would like to send some calculated Metrics over to a different platform. The limitation is that we can send only a few fields at a time (the limitation is ~5). It would save a significant amount of time and work if we are able to send custom metrics instead of the "raw fields".

I see old posts from 2011 that say we cant. Has this been addressed?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't believe it has...  do you have access to Report Builder? I believe that you can use custom metrics there...

One thing to note.. when using Data Warehouse and Report Builder... the content that comes out is rendered to the dimension that it's paired with... by which I mean that metrics such as Occurrences and Page Views (metrics that can be added together easily) are fine.. but other metrics such as Visits and Unique Visitors (metrics that can be set on each dimension, but the total needs to be compensated to de-duplicate the total) are tricky

So you might have PV/UVs for item 1 and item 2, etc, but you cannot add those two (or more) items together to get the PV/UVs for the aggregation of the data set.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't believe it has...  do you have access to Report Builder? I believe that you can use custom metrics there...

One thing to note.. when using Data Warehouse and Report Builder... the content that comes out is rendered to the dimension that it's paired with... by which I mean that metrics such as Occurrences and Page Views (metrics that can be added together easily) are fine.. but other metrics such as Visits and Unique Visitors (metrics that can be set on each dimension, but the total needs to be compensated to de-duplicate the total) are tricky

So you might have PV/UVs for item 1 and item 2, etc, but you cannot add those two (or more) items together to get the PV/UVs for the aggregation of the data set.