Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Is First launch number a proxy for number of installs?

Employee

Hello,

As per definition of first launch it captures the first launch after installation or reinstallation.

Is it possible to infer that in month of Jan 2021 if x are the number of first launches then x is the number of installs too?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Arihjain,

Yes, might be a proxy to understand the downloads but not cent percent accurate because of two scenarios based on my understanding:

1. If the Application was downloaded but not opened at all, First Launch will not be counted.

2. When Application Cache was cleared and opened again, First Launch will fire however the download didn't happen at all.

Both the above scenarios didn't contribute much however just want to add.

Thank You, Arun.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

The count of mobile app sessions is the count of launch events in apps. Each mobile app sessions begins with a launch event of the app and ends with 5 minutes (default value) of the application being in background or closed. Launch is calculated client side based on app activity. If an app is opened and closed for 5 times within 15 minutes, it would be counted as 5 Launches.

First Launch is the Launch at the first run after installation or re-installation.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Arihjain,

Yes, might be a proxy to understand the downloads but not cent percent accurate because of two scenarios based on my understanding:

1. If the Application was downloaded but not opened at all, First Launch will not be counted.

2. When Application Cache was cleared and opened again, First Launch will fire however the download didn't happen at all.

Both the above scenarios didn't contribute much however just want to add.

Thank You, Arun.