Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is Android Browser the in-app browser?

Level 2

Which is the browser tagged as Android Browser as Browser = Android Browser and Browser Type = Google?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe this is how some "white labeled" browsers on some devices come through... some Android OS create their own skinned version of Chrome/Chromium... the icons are generally:

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1658426837974.png

They are essentially "Chrome" but not Chrome.... or at least based off of the Chromium code base. 

I don't think there are many companies still building these out.. they seemed more popular about 10 years ago... I suspect if you correlate the OS you will find it's pretty old (Android 6 or 7 maybe, possibly older)

And yes, in the device it literally identifies as "Android Browser", it's not some fancy grouping on Adobe's side.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe this is how some "white labeled" browsers on some devices come through... some Android OS create their own skinned version of Chrome/Chromium... the icons are generally:

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1658426837974.png

They are essentially "Chrome" but not Chrome.... or at least based off of the Chromium code base. 

I don't think there are many companies still building these out.. they seemed more popular about 10 years ago... I suspect if you correlate the OS you will find it's pretty old (Android 6 or 7 maybe, possibly older)

And yes, in the device it literally identifies as "Android Browser", it's not some fancy grouping on Adobe's side.

Level 2

Hello!

It couldn't be a old version because is the first case on our reports and it appears with new phones like S21 Ultra:

amendez92_0-1659079592166.png

I supposed that this could be native browser for instagram or any like this type of browsers.

What do you think?

Community Advisor

It may be that the new "Samsung Internet" browser that comes pre-packaged with those phones all just bundle under "Android Browser" - A few years ago, I recall seeing "Samsung Browser" and "Android Browser"... so it's possible that Samsung has started using a more generic user agent string, or that Adobe is bundling a lot of white label browsers like that together... I don't have an S21 to test this out... but it's likely the "default" pre-loaded white labeled chromium browser.

And since I see a Huawei in there, likely their white labeled browser variant... again, either due to generic user agent values, or Adobe bundling them....