Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is Adobe experience platform web sdk server side tracking?

Level 6

Is Adobe Experience platform web sdk server-side tracking? I cam across web skd extension in launch and trying to use it. In order to use it should I need any support from dev team? Trying to understand how it differs from app measurement?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

The Adobe Experience Platform Web Software Development Kit (SDK) functions on the client side using JavaScript. If you're exploring the AEP Web SDK extension and already have a Data Collection/Launch property set up, you can proceed with the implementation within the same Property, depending on your use case.

In comparison to Adobe Analytics, which utilizes the appmeasurement.js library through the Adobe Analytics extension in Data Collection tags (Adobe Launch), the Web SDK appears more streamlined. The Web SDK uses the alloy.js library, combining various Adobe technologies into a single JavaScript file.

While Adobe Analytics requires the deployment of two extensions (Analytics and Experience Cloud ID Service), the Web SDK simplifies this to just one. The Web SDK implementation involves defining the XDM schema for standardized data collection and configuring the Datastream to instruct the Adobe Edge server for data transmission to Adobe Analytics.

In summary, the Web SDK offers a more unified approach with a single network request to adobedc.net, whereas Adobe Analytics involves two extensions and separate network requests to demdex.net and omtrdc.net for ECID and Analytics, respectively.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

1. WebSDK is a different platform from the older AppMeasurement. It replaces the JS libraries of AppMeasurement. This post might be of interest: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-blogs/web-sdk-part-1-the-elephant-i...

2. The WebSDK requires a higher level of technical expertise to implement (in my opinion). I'm guessing you will need dev support. See https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/web-sdk/home.html?lang=en

Correct answer by
Level 1

The Adobe Experience Platform Web Software Development Kit (SDK) functions on the client side using JavaScript. If you're exploring the AEP Web SDK extension and already have a Data Collection/Launch property set up, you can proceed with the implementation within the same Property, depending on your use case.

In comparison to Adobe Analytics, which utilizes the appmeasurement.js library through the Adobe Analytics extension in Data Collection tags (Adobe Launch), the Web SDK appears more streamlined. The Web SDK uses the alloy.js library, combining various Adobe technologies into a single JavaScript file.

While Adobe Analytics requires the deployment of two extensions (Analytics and Experience Cloud ID Service), the Web SDK simplifies this to just one. The Web SDK implementation involves defining the XDM schema for standardized data collection and configuring the Datastream to instruct the Adobe Edge server for data transmission to Adobe Analytics.

In summary, the Web SDK offers a more unified approach with a single network request to adobedc.net, whereas Adobe Analytics involves two extensions and separate network requests to demdex.net and omtrdc.net for ECID and Analytics, respectively.