Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

iOS - Is AEPMobileServices available via SPM? - need to track deep links

Level 2

I need to track deep links. Our team is using SPM (swift package manager).

In the sample app, I can see "AEPMobileServices" is being used for that, and also, in the past I've used it.

According to the docs, "MobileServices" is what I have to use:
https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/using-mobile-extensions/adobe-analytics-mobile-services#deep-link-t...

On the other hand, I cannot find it in the list of public repos for iOS:

https://github.com/orgs/adobe/repositories?q=aepsdk+iOS&type=all&language=&sort=

How can I access to "MobileService"? Is that even possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe that Mobile Services is an extension in Adobe Launch:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1658526631640.png

You will still need to register the extension in your code, which I believe is covered by the documentation you linked to... But you don't need to explicitly download a package from GitHub, you just need to make sure that this is installed in your Adobe Launch instance (just like Mobile Core and Analytics, etc)

Good Luck

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe that Mobile Services is an extension in Adobe Launch:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1658526631640.png

You will still need to register the extension in your code, which I believe is covered by the documentation you linked to... But you don't need to explicitly download a package from GitHub, you just need to make sure that this is installed in your Adobe Launch instance (just like Mobile Core and Analytics, etc)

Good Luck

Level 2

There is a particular SDK module/package/target (whatever) for Mobile Services (AEPMobileServices), and it has a function for tracking deep links (AEPMobileServices.trackAdobeDeepLink).

My question is:

Where can I find it? -- It isn't in Core, and it isn't in Analytics.

Employee

@emilio-ojeda you can find the list of all our current SDK version here. Specifically, this is the documentation for Adobe Analytics - Mobile Services. You can find the installation instructions under the iOS (AEP 3.x) tab.

Level 2

The info in the links you shared is outdated.

We are using SPM, and as mentioned above AEPMobileService isn't in the list of public repos for AEP. I haven't found a way to track deep links.
According to the docs, the way to do it is by using this target/package/module/whatever (AEPMobileService) which isn't available.

Employee

Hey there @emilio-ojeda. More information on AEPMobileServices can be found here.

We actually don't support AEPMobileServices via SPM or XCFrameworks. You must use Cocoapods for it. Thanks!