Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Internal Search Rule [Search Keyword] Firing on all pages.

Level 2

Hey all,

I implemented the Internal Search Rule in a XDM data element using a general schema for all the rules. This particular network call is firing on all pages.
I also tried to frame the Internal Search rule with a condition using Path and Query String Parameter, but the appropriate network call isn't firing.

Kindly suggest me how to overcome this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @V_Pavan , I am assuming you have used either data layer push / dom ready to send the search details via XDM when someone performs a search action.

You can write a custom code condition to check if query string parameter exist. If so, you will have to update your schema with relevant search details (eg:- search term , number of results etc.)

There are multiple ways of updating schema. The easiest one would be to add "Update Variable" action provided by AEP Web SDK. And then use the action "sendEvent" with appropriate type (your case it might be "web.webinteraction.linkClicks")

If you have updated the search term in general schema, it would fire on all page load requests. So you will have to update it separately.(as soon as the search items are available)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @V_Pavan , I am assuming you have used either data layer push / dom ready to send the search details via XDM when someone performs a search action.

You can write a custom code condition to check if query string parameter exist. If so, you will have to update your schema with relevant search details (eg:- search term , number of results etc.)

There are multiple ways of updating schema. The easiest one would be to add "Update Variable" action provided by AEP Web SDK. And then use the action "sendEvent" with appropriate type (your case it might be "web.webinteraction.linkClicks")

If you have updated the search term in general schema, it would fire on all page load requests. So you will have to update it separately.(as soon as the search items are available)