Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Integration with TVM - Ticket Vending Machine

Level 3

Hi,

has anyone experience about the integration of AA  into a TVM ( Ticket Vending Machine ) application? Is based on js or SDK as mobile device? I couldn't find any kind of documente with such an use case, any kind of support and information is very appreciated.

Thnaks since now, regards

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Just like @Jennifer_Dungan mentioned, it greatly depends on the underlying technologies.

Put it into an extreme case, as long as the client (a vending machine) has an Internet connection and you can program HTTP requests in your application, you can use AA to track. As AA tracking is ultimately HTTP requests, Adobe only provides documentation and library support for commonly used scenarios, such as web browsers and mobile apps.

*IF* your vending application is a custom-built Andriod application, it can be tracked with MobileSDK with some specific considerations, such as how to identify a unique visitor.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Without knowing the underlying technology of your TVM solution, I don't think anyone here will be able to help. The first step would be to talk to your developers to understand how it works, what language its coded in, and work with them to figure out an implementation strategy.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Just like @Jennifer_Dungan mentioned, it greatly depends on the underlying technologies.

Put it into an extreme case, as long as the client (a vending machine) has an Internet connection and you can program HTTP requests in your application, you can use AA to track. As AA tracking is ultimately HTTP requests, Adobe only provides documentation and library support for commonly used scenarios, such as web browsers and mobile apps.

*IF* your vending application is a custom-built Andriod application, it can be tracked with MobileSDK with some specific considerations, such as how to identify a unique visitor.

Level 3

Thanks a lot to both @leocwlau and @Jennifer_Dungan ! 
I fully understand the implementation implications related to the technology characteristics of the TVM specification; having not pregressed experiences in this kind of touchpoint the question seemed to me to be necessary.
I will look at these aspects in my analysis, whether it was available from the specific documentation or use successful houses would be happy to read it, thank you.