Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

A list variable populating data even after disabled in the PROD library

Level 3

I had a rule for a list variable, but disabled 2 months before via Launch in the production library.

#1 I don't see it in my browser data payload as expected

#2 I'm 100% there no processing rules for this

so wonder what feeding it still?? And it's not just few user or less volume to think of cache issue, which again unlikely as it's been 2 months

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

That's odd.. if there was just sporadic data I would have guessed cache like you said...

Can you correlate that data to see if it's still being populated on certain pages or actions (something you might have missed when disabling it in Launch)? What about mobile app, is it possible that your website has it removed, but your app hasn't yet?

Is it also possible that you are using an override on your Launch file to point to Dev, and it's been removed there, but not in Prod? (would you be willing to share a URL in a private message, so I can load your page and see if I see the list var?)

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

That's odd.. if there was just sporadic data I would have guessed cache like you said...

Can you correlate that data to see if it's still being populated on certain pages or actions (something you might have missed when disabling it in Launch)? What about mobile app, is it possible that your website has it removed, but your app hasn't yet?

Is it also possible that you are using an override on your Launch file to point to Dev, and it's been removed there, but not in Prod? (would you be willing to share a URL in a private message, so I can load your page and see if I see the list var?)

Level 3

I'm feeling lucky to have a response form two SME's(Jenny & Yuhui).

No pattern on set of pages, it's all. And, no mobile app.

It's PRO unath exp, i could share the link but as I had mentioned already no clues/unusual in payload. It's probably persistency retained during hits processing, and not until hit reaches datacenter, I believe even that moment of yours could be useful for someone else's post rather investigate this.

expiry changed on list2, keep you both posted.

Thanks Champ & Yuhui

Community Advisor

Good luck! There doesn't seem to be a "Reset" for List items, so let's hope changing the expiry is enough.

Community Advisor

If I'm reading your question correctly, I think you mean that you can see that the list variable still has values being reported in AA 2 months after you had disabled the relevant rule(s) in Launch.

If so, then this is most likely due to your list variable's Expiration setting. (I assume you're using a list1, list2 or list3 variable, and not a prop that is enabled for lists.) It could. be that the values that you're seeing are the persisted values from the original hits, but are still being reported because they haven't met the Expiration criteria.

Community Advisor

That's a good catch.. I forgot about potential long expirations.