Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Increase in ::unspecified:: values in Report Builder

Level 5

Has anyone else experienced a sudden increase in ::unspecified:: values in Report Builder? I recreated the Report Builder file in both Ad Hoc and Analysis Workspace and didn't have the same issue. I was running Report Builder version 5.6.29.0 when I first discovered the issue, but am still experiencing the same issue after updating to

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

The report is not using classifications of the variable in question, and the debugger shows that the value is being set correctly in the call. Because we're not seeing a similar issue in Ad Hoc or Analysis Workspace, this seems to be something that is specific to Report Builder.

The issue started over the holiday break, and we had not updated Report Builder since 5.6.29.0. The issue persists after we updated to 5.6.35.0. No changes were made to the Report Builder settings either.

1786963_pastedImage_3.png

Sounds like I need to contact customer support.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hello Brent,

I feel obligated to first link this here: None, Unspecified, Unknown, and Other in reporting in Adobe Analytics

That said, did you recently update report builder?

Correct answer by
Level 5

The report is not using classifications of the variable in question, and the debugger shows that the value is being set correctly in the call. Because we're not seeing a similar issue in Ad Hoc or Analysis Workspace, this seems to be something that is specific to Report Builder.

The issue started over the holiday break, and we had not updated Report Builder since 5.6.29.0. The issue persists after we updated to 5.6.35.0. No changes were made to the Report Builder settings either.

1786963_pastedImage_3.png

Sounds like I need to contact customer support.

Employee

Correct.  In this case, please file a ticket to make sure the values are getting classified correctly.