Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

In Adobe Analysis Workspace can segments be copied to another report suite?

Level 2

We are using 2 report suites, one for our dev environment and the other for production. We want to be able to create and test our segments in the dev report suite and then copy it over to the production report suite. I wasn't able to find an option to copy the segment to another report suite.

Is this possible? or do we have to create the segments again in the other report suite?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If the suites are in the same company... you don't need to copy them or even change the suite as suggested..

I have Dev and Prod suites, because the props/eVars/events/etc are all the same.. I just use the prod segments in my QA suite... there's no problem...

Unless you have a specific dimension that is holding different values between your environments that the segment relies on to work (which seems unlikely) the segments can be used as is...

When I want to test some new implementations, I open existing Production Workspaces (with all the segments and metrics), and I just change the suite to QA.... I just don't save the Workspace when I am done so that everyone using it will still see Prod data.

If I am creating a new segment against Dev data.. I will build it in Dev, tweak it til I am sure it's good, and when done, I will switch it to Prod suite... but then I will continue to use it with Dev data, the same way I use all my segments.... I don't really see much point in trying to maintain 2 copies of segments that are completely interchangeable....

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

You don't have to create segments again in the other report suite. Open the segment you want to copy to production suite and change the report suite to production on the top right of the screen, then click 'OK' on the dialog box, then do 'Save as' (don't Save, the existing segment will be changed to production suite, you will lose the dev segment). Now you will have two segments one in dev suite and another in production suite.

Level 2

Yes, as other mentioned in their replies. As long as for the same company, the segments will be shared across the reporting suites. So you don't need to create a same one or copy the segment for the other report suite.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If the suites are in the same company... you don't need to copy them or even change the suite as suggested..

I have Dev and Prod suites, because the props/eVars/events/etc are all the same.. I just use the prod segments in my QA suite... there's no problem...

Unless you have a specific dimension that is holding different values between your environments that the segment relies on to work (which seems unlikely) the segments can be used as is...

When I want to test some new implementations, I open existing Production Workspaces (with all the segments and metrics), and I just change the suite to QA.... I just don't save the Workspace when I am done so that everyone using it will still see Prod data.

If I am creating a new segment against Dev data.. I will build it in Dev, tweak it til I am sure it's good, and when done, I will switch it to Prod suite... but then I will continue to use it with Dev data, the same way I use all my segments.... I don't really see much point in trying to maintain 2 copies of segments that are completely interchangeable....

Community Advisor

As other replied, you don't need to copy segment (and same for calculated metrics) from one report suite to another report suite. Segments may be created for one report suite, but they are merely a set of conditions to filter data as the definition and you can use the same segment in any other report suite as long as you can find the segment from the component list.

You may occasionally see the message below for the segment when you created a quick segment on a workspace panel. You just need to click on that link to turn the quick segment into a permanent segment than it can be used in other workspace projects on any report suites, and you can even share the segment with your colleagues.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 1.33.16 PM.png