Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Implementation of Consent Mode - Google Ads / Adobe TMS

Level 1

Hello, 

We would like to implement Consent Mode for Google Ads very soon, using the Adobe Launch tag management system.

We have been looking at the Google documentation and found the following process > 
Consent configuration - Tag Manager Help
The Google documentation details the creation of a ad_storage variable for adding it to the configuration of each Advertising tag in the TMS (here Google Tag Management, and not Adobe Launch).

Is there a specific documentation and methodology in order to implement Google Consent Mode in Adobe Launch tool ?

Thank you,

Chloé
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I assume you are using gtag through your Adobe Launch property... with some digging, I found that the consent mode (or at least part of it) is a gtag call:

gtag('consent', 'default', {
  'ad_storage': 'denied',
  'analytics_storage': 'denied'
});

https://developers.google.com/tag-platform/devguides/consent

So if you are using the Adobe Cloud Organization ID extension to control opt-in, you can check the opt in status of analytics like so:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1690474782420.png

Note I am using a manual "permission set" here (all to false), making the pre opt in useless, but for illustration purposes.

My sample test used a condition on my adobe tracking using:

if (adobe.optIn.isApproved("analytics")){
  return true;
}

So you should be able to leverage the adobe.optIn.isApproved() function to access any of the Adobe specific, and probably custom keys as well if needed.

Obviously there will be more complexity to this, making it work with something like One Trust or another consent management tool depending on your system... 

But this should help you get started....

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I assume you are using gtag through your Adobe Launch property... with some digging, I found that the consent mode (or at least part of it) is a gtag call:

gtag('consent', 'default', {
  'ad_storage': 'denied',
  'analytics_storage': 'denied'
});

https://developers.google.com/tag-platform/devguides/consent

So if you are using the Adobe Cloud Organization ID extension to control opt-in, you can check the opt in status of analytics like so:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1690474782420.png

Note I am using a manual "permission set" here (all to false), making the pre opt in useless, but for illustration purposes.

My sample test used a condition on my adobe tracking using:

if (adobe.optIn.isApproved("analytics")){
  return true;
}

So you should be able to leverage the adobe.optIn.isApproved() function to access any of the Adobe specific, and probably custom keys as well if needed.

Obviously there will be more complexity to this, making it work with something like One Trust or another consent management tool depending on your system... 

But this should help you get started....