Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

If my website is loaded through an iframe on an external third-party website, does that still count as a pageview on my end in Adobe Analytics?

Level 1

I'm hoping the answer is yes, as we are considering this as a method of driving more viewership. TIA. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Depending on how the iframe loads and is setup in your application it can be.

Basically the iframe itself should contain the header and footer tags. If they do and fire like a regular page and you fire the adobe beacon then yes it will counted as a pageview(server call).

Now the tagging problems...

Since your app is in an iframe you may be limited in how things like referrer traffic, user flows basic page level anaytics is available. Basically the outside of your page is treated like a separate website(unless its also tagged with your code). If it is the challenge here is you will be double firing in essence. then have crossdomain like traffic.

This may cause traffic source attribution issues since you are wrapped by the external site.

Not sure your scenario but when you say more viewership are you trying to use advertising solution or inject your site into a 3rd party site that has more traffic? 

regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Depending on how the iframe loads and is setup in your application it can be.

Basically the iframe itself should contain the header and footer tags. If they do and fire like a regular page and you fire the adobe beacon then yes it will counted as a pageview(server call).

Now the tagging problems...

Since your app is in an iframe you may be limited in how things like referrer traffic, user flows basic page level anaytics is available. Basically the outside of your page is treated like a separate website(unless its also tagged with your code). If it is the challenge here is you will be double firing in essence. then have crossdomain like traffic.

This may cause traffic source attribution issues since you are wrapped by the external site.

Not sure your scenario but when you say more viewership are you trying to use advertising solution or inject your site into a 3rd party site that has more traffic? 

regards

Level 4

Hey @GiselleAbramovich  - It actually depends on the implementation, so if you have the launch script on that iframe you can always fire a image request. But if the code is missing, it would not count as a pageview