Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

If it is different browsers with same machine - single visit or multiple visits?

Level 2

If a visitor removes the cache/cookies( Ex: Chrome) and opens new browser (Ex: Firefox), does it calculate as a separate visitor or same visitor?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Hari,

If a person visits a site from a laptop and the same site from a mobile he will be counted as two different visitors and two different visits as well. I hope this clarifies your doubt. Thanks!

Tanmay

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi, 

Visits from multiple browsers on the same machine by the same person are credited as two separate visits.

Level 2

Hi Tanmay,

Thank you for the clarification but what about the different devices like mobile and laptop with the same IP address?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Hari,

If a person visits a site from a laptop and the same site from a mobile he will be counted as two different visitors and two different visits as well. I hope this clarifies your doubt. Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 2

Hi Tanmay,

Thank you for your answers.