Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Identifying Tablet and Mobile Phone Visitors in Clickstream Files

Level 2

I'm sure I'm overworked and tired, but I cannot find a variable or lookup table that allows me to identify devices by type (Tablet, Mobile Phone, Gaming Console, etc.) in the Adobe Clickstream dataset.  Has anyone else missed this variable?  Is the variable there?

Any insight would be appreciated.   Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

**All the views given here are my personal and has no relation or doesn't reflect views of my employer.

Hi Ryan,

There is no variable that lets you do that but Adobe Analytics has an under lying logic which identifies the device type and reports in a Out-Of_Box report in the reporting interface.

Refer to the Device Type report and you will get what you are looking for enlightened

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

•  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

**All the views given here are my personal and has no relation or doesn't reflect views of my employer.

Hi Ryan,

There is no variable that lets you do that but Adobe Analytics has an under lying logic which identifies the device type and reports in a Out-Of_Box report in the reporting interface.

Refer to the Device Type report and you will get what you are looking for enlightened

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

•  

Level 1

FYI this link no longer works simply because Adobe has decided to not redirect any of their Omniture-domained help files. Clearly internal broken links is a non-issue for Adobe.